Thursday, July 15, 2010

How to save a half downloaded torrent before you format your computer

Problem:
I am downloading a big torrent file ( around 28 Gb ) , So far I have downloaded around 9 Gb. But my OS is giving me some problems, therefore i wish to format it. What I want to know is that how can I resume the torrent download after a format. I am only going to format C: (OS) drive.

Solution:

• Copy the incomplete files as well as the torrent file* to another drive in another folder.
• Format your system.
• Install your torrent client (u-torrent or bit-torrent).
• Open the saved torrent file with the u-torrent start downloading.
• In the u-torrent select the downloading torrent and click stop downloading.
• Right-click on the torrent select … Advanced>>set download location…
• In the window select the incomplete downloaded file containing folder.
• Right click on the torrent and select Force Re-Check. (the incomplete file will merge with the new torrent).
• Right click and start downloading again.
*Note: If the torrent is not available or you are not able to find it then :
• Select the torrent .
• Select the general tab.
• Copy the code under the hash.
• Search the code in Google, then download the torrent file from the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts